A Nottingham coroner said "missed opportunities" had "significantly contributed" to the murder of a mum-of-six.
A two-week inquest into the death of Janet Scott at Nottingham Council House concluded on Friday, February 19.
Coroner Jonathan Straw described how opportunities had been missed by the probation service to protect the mum-of-six from the man who took her life.
Simon Mellors, 56, of North Sherwood Street, had already posed a threat to women.
He beat and strangled his former partner Pearl Black to death in 1999 before being released on licence in early 2014, despite struggling to take responsibility for his violent behaviour during prison workshops.
In January 2018, Mellors went on to murder again; he killed Arnold mum-of-six Mrs Scott after she ended their relationship just after Christmas.
Mrs Scott, 51, had complained about Mellors' controlling behaviour to her counsellor.
She said Mellors had tattooed her name across his chest and
We are sharing news for link source - Nottingham Post
All images and copyright remains with news source